For this IELTS task, you choose the most appropriate title from a list, to match with specific parts of the text.
- Being able to skim read
- Being able to scan for information
- Being able to make connections between vocabulary from title to paragraph
- Being able to summarise the main idea of each paragraph
- Being able to make the right judgement between synonyms
- Being able to differentiate between ideas to decide whether it is important to the task itself (there will be information that is superfluous, and not necessarily needed for the question)
- Look at the different titles to get a gist of what they might be about
- Pay attention to how paragraphs start and close
- Practice skim reading so you can read the text quickly
- Practice scan reading so you can identify ideas rooted within the title
Use the example I created below whilst studying for my CELTA qualification, and practice choosing your title:
To read the full article, use this link:
If you would like to go through any of my resources and tasks included in my individual learning guides, don't hesitate to reach out! I'd love to help you with your IELTS prep.